What it does:
WireframeSketcher is a software tool that helps product managers, designers and developers quickly create wireframes, mockups and prototypes for desktop, web and mobile applications. It’s a standalone software and a plug-in for any Eclipse IDE.
How it beats the competition:
- Fast and native user interface on all Mac OS X, Windows and Linux. So no Flash!
- Integration with many popular IDEs. The tool just becomes a part of the toolbox. Users work with a familiar interface and there is a low learning curve. The IDE already manages projects and provides support version control which is invaluable in a team.
- A standalone version for non-developers that are part of the team.
- An top-notch PDF export with high-quality vector graphics and text that can be selected&copied. It will make designers that use these PDFs very happy.
- HTML export that can be combined with Dropbox to make an online, clickable prototype that can be tested with any browser and also from iPhone, Android and iPad.